New Student Registration

The following items are required by the Jordan School District and Oquirrh Hills Middle School before registering your student for school:

  1. Birth Certificate*
  2. Immunization Record (All immunizations must be up to date)
  3. Transcript of past grades/report cards
  4. Proof of residency in Oquirrh Hills Middle School boundaries**
  5. Copy of current IEP (Individual Education Plan): only for students who receive Special Education services



  • It is helpful for the registration process if you also have Withdrawal or Check-out papers from the last school attended with the school’s complete address and phone number.
  • If you are registering your student for the new school year, please contact the school at 801-412-2360 in August of that year to set up an appointment with your student’s counselor.
  • Before a student is enrolled in a Utah public school, the student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must show proof of residency in the school district which the student desires to attend.

* PARENTS: You must have legal guardianship (from a court of law, signed by a judge) of your student in order to register him/her for school.

**The following documents shall be used to determining residency: All applicants shall submit at least one document from Column A and three from Column B.

Column A is the following:

  • Copy of deed AND record of most recent mortgage payment; or
  • Copy of Lease AND record of most recent rent payment; or
  • A legal affidavit from landlord affirming tenancy AND record of most recent rent payment if available, or statement in the body of the affidavit that family is living there free of charge and for what period of time.

Column B is the following: (dated within the past 60 days):

  • Letter from an approved government agency (assisted housing, food stamps, or unemployment payment)
  • Payroll Stub
  • Bank or credit card statement
  • Utility bill or work order such as:
    • Gas bill
    • Electric bill
    • Home telephone or cell phone bill
    • Cable bill
    • Change of address form for U.S. mail
    • Valid driver license
    • Current vehicle registration
    • Valid Utah photo identification card
    • Valid passport
    • Voter registration documentation
    • Church or religious records

Dated within the past year:

  • W-2 form
  • Excise (vehicle) tax bill
  • Property tax bill

The following do NOT establish residency:

  • Powers of attorney
  • Letters from friends or relatives
  • Property owned in the schools’ boundaries
  • P.O. box in school district boundaries


Social Media Auto Publish Powered By :