VALLEY HIGH SUMMER SCHOOL 2020 (VIRTUAL)
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the credit recovery options for this summer at Valley High School will be on-line for students to complete at home.
- Registration, enrollment forms, and payment will be on-line. Please go to ValleyOwls.org for the easiest access to all of the registration forms.
- Arena scheduling will be used to schedule classes. Please use the deficiency letter from your student’s counselor to guide your class selection. All responsibility to enroll in the correct classes is on the student/parent/guardian.
- The session dates for school will remain the same (see below).
- All classes taught by JSD teachers using Canvas.
- Students must log in each day of the summer school session using their @my.jordandistrict.org email.
- Please keep the Chromebook issued to you by your traditional school to use for summer school this year. Notify your school to let them know you are keeping it until the fall.
- Report cards are mailed 2 weeks after the session to the address provided at registration.
Session 2: July 13th – July 31st
First Session Info : (you must register for each separately)
- Jordan District Only Registration Dates: May 18th – May 25th
- Out of District students & JSD: May 26th – June 4th
- School Day: Monday through Friday, June 15th – July 2nd (14 school days)
Second Session Info: (you must register for each separately)
- Jordan District Only Registration Dates: June 29th – July 5th
- Out of District students & JSD: July 5th – July 9th
- School Day: Monday through Friday, July 13th – July 31st (14 school days)
- No school on Friday, July 24th.
- The registration fee is $45 plus $35 per class.
- Fee waivers are accepted this year for JSD students who already have an approved fee waiver for the 2019-20 school year. Payment will be online with a debit or credit card.
Courses you can register for: Language Arts • Geography for Life • World Civilizations • U.S. History • U.S. Government • Secondary Math 1 • Secondary Math 2 • Secondary Math 3 • Health • Life Fitness • Earth Systems • Chemistry • Biology • Financial Literacy • Digital Studies
USTAR–FREE SECONDARY MATH 1 RECOVERY CREDIT(CANCELED)
- ACT Math Preparation
- Secondary Math 1 (Quarter Specific for Credit Recovery)
- Secondary Math 2 (Full Year Course for Acceleration)
- Secondary Math 3 (Full Year Course for Acceleration)
* Only one full year math class may be taken during the summer.
- Marine Biology
Short Courses – No Credit Available for these courses
- Robotics with NAO Robotics
- Lego Mindstorm Robotics
- Computer Programming
*Please visit the USTAR Math Website for dates/times/location and registration details.
UTAH STUDENTS CONNECT
NORTHRIDGE LEARNING CENTER
BYU INDEPENDENT STUDY PACKETS
Students will complete the coursework and take a final exam at a proctor led testing center.
- Paper Manual: 150 per .5 credit
- Online: $140 per .5 credit
- Instructor Guided: $243 per .5 credits
http://ce.byu.edu/is/site, call 1-800-914-8931, or contact email@example.com
ACT Code: 450461 RHS