Key Points for 9th Grade Registration:
- When you start 9th grade at OHMS You are officially in high school! The courses taken in 9th grade will count towards your high school graduation requirements.
- Every 8th grade student is invited to attend a PCCR (Plan for College and Career Readiness) meeting. These are individual meetings with your school counselor (parents were also invited and encouraged to attend). These meetings take place between November – February. During this meeting, a 4-Year Plan is created in Skyward (see “Career Plan” in Skyward). A 4-Year plan is customized to meet student goals and plans for high school. Refer to your 4-Year Plan when selecting courses.
- 1.0 indicates the course is a full-year course
- 0.5 indicates the course if a semester/half-year course
9th Grade Students will register for:
- 1.0 Language Arts 9 or Language Arts 9 Honors
- 1.0 Math (placement recommended by current math teacher)
- 1.0 Earth Systems, Earth Systems Honors, Biology, or Biology Honors
- 1.0 World Geography, World Geography Honors, or AP Human Geography
- 0.5 Participation Skills and Techniques (PST, 9th Grade Gym) * Refer to note at bottom of the screen.
- 2.5 Elective Classes – All elective classes are listed in the far-right column of their registration card.